My name is Eric, and I’m a gamer.
Posted on 29 July 2010
I’m a gamer.
I’m not talking consoles, but custom built, loaded to the max gaming rigs. I’ve not discovered a gamepad that had the feel and accuracy of a good keyboard and mouse setup. First person shooters are a no-brainer, especially with Zombie shooters (pun intended)!
- I spend between 20+ hours a week gaming. Before I was married I spent 40+ hours gaming.
- I’ve been in the same WoW guild for over 5 years and held just about every guild position, save Guild Leader (no thanks!).
- I’ve been known to take days off from work when new games come out.
- I’ve camped specific mobs, in 8 hour shifts in EQ for DAYS.
- I’ve made head-shots in SO MANY first person shooters I should have nightmares!
- I’m actually the proud author of “Kubla Khan” which was a text-based adventure game, based on the Coleridge poem of the same name, in basic when I was 12!
- All of my computer upgrades were designed around gaming requirements!
- I’ve even made movies of me playing computer games!
I have, in the past, owned a console or two. Probably my favorite was the original X-Box and the Halo, Need for Speed and Tiger Woods series my fave console games. For the past few years I’ve considered getting a 360 but I just don’t want to have to buy $60 games that I can’t re-play on the next X-Box.
In the next few weeks I’m going to be writing about the various gaming communities, console and PC. I’m going to be spending a lot of time on the World of Warcraft community, which goes beyond Blizzard and extends to other companies and platforms, highlighting the true meta-community that it is.
I’m also going to be covered some of the local gaming houses like Turbine, 38 Studios and others. So expect more gaming related content here in the future!
Have a great weekend!